Lead Event Technician
- - Indianapolis-Headquarters
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking a Full-Time Lead Event Technician to add to our expanding team based out of our Indianapolis headquarters. The Lead Event Technician is a client-facing position responsible for setting up and operating a variety of high-end audio-visual equipment for live/virtual/hybrid client meetings hosted at various venues. Also responsible for leading technical crews, trouble-shooting any issues, and tearing down (striking) equipment post-event.
This is a Full-Time, hourly, non-exempt role, eligible for overtime. The shift and hours will vary depending upon business need, and some weekend work is required.
1. Lead the technical operations for assigned events, overseeing and directing the technical crew.
2. Review daily records and ensure all functions are set and run smoothly.
3. Operate all types of audio, visual, lighting and rigging equipment, for both live and virtual events.
4. Trouble-shoot any equipment or A/V systems issues with satisfactory resolution.
5. Set-up and tear down audiovisual equipment for events.
6. Check daily paperwork and record any changes for the following day.
7. Check all sets that begin the following day to ensure accuracy.
8. Provide excellent customer service and promptly handle any equipment changes/requests, placing rush orders as needed.
9. Ensure equipment is functional, safely and professionally presented, and that client is familiar or
comfortable with the operation of any equipment they are utilizing.
10. Maintain organization and cleanliness of tech areas.
11. Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events
• Must have a good working knowledge of all types of audiovisual equipment including operation,
set-up, troubleshooting, and explanation of equipment.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently, and follow
directions from the supervisor.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Must have excellent customer service skills, politely and promptly responding to client needs.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional and positive manner.
• Must possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to
multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
• Computer proficiency and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel,
PowerPoint. Ability to learn R2 system.
• Ability to embrace Markey's culture and demonstrate company values, respect diversity, and
follow all company policies and procedures.
• Physical demands include frequent bending, pushing/pulling gear, and lifting up to 70 lbs
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
At Markey's we are a 100% Employee Owned Company and we participate in an ESOP, or the Employee Stock Ownership Plan! The ESOP gives our Full-Time employees a beneficial ownership stake in the company at no cost to them. Ask us about our ESOP and its many benefits!
• Competitive salary and per diem for overnight travel
• Career development
• Opportunities for advancement
• Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
• Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
• A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
• For full-time employees, an excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts