Event Technician - Lighting Engineer
- - Indianapolis-Headquarters
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking a full-time Event Technician - Lighting Engineer position to add to our growing team. The Lighting Engineer is a client-facing position responsible for designing, setting up and operating a variety of high-end lighting equipment for live client meetings and events hosted at various venues.
This is a full-time, hourly position, eligible for overtime. Hours will vary based on scheduling of events; includes evenings & weekends.
- Set up and install of all types of high-end lighting equipment including operating a variety of lighting consoles.
- Operate all types of lighting systems designed for an event of 50 or 5000 attendees alike.
- Work closely with clients, Project Managers, and other Event Technicians to ensure the successful completion of events.
- Provide excellent customer service and promptly handle any equipment changes/requests.
- Ensure equipment is functional and installed according to designated lighting plots.
- Trouble-shoot any equipment issues with satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of tech areas.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events.
- Knowledge of all types of high-end lighting equipment.
- Must have a good working knowledge of all types of audiovisual equipment including operation, set-up, troubleshooting, and explanation of equipment.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to follow directions and implement assigned tasks in a timely fashion.
- Physical demands include frequent bending, pushing/pulling gear, and lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently, and follow directions from the Project Manager, Producer, and/or Crew Lead.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must maintain a good driving record that meets driver insurability requirements, be able to pass a DOT medical certification and obtain any special licensing needed to be able to drive a box truck, van or other company vehicle.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to embrace Markey's culture and demonstrate company values, respect diversity, and follow all company policies and procedures.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary
- Training and career development
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!