Hotel Audio Visual Event Technician - Part-Time
- - Denver, CO
- Commensurate with experience
- Part Time
- Comprehensive benefits package offered.
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking Part-Time Hotel Technicians to add to our growing team in Denver, Colorado. The Hotel Audio Visual Technician is a client-facing position responsible for setting up and operating a variety of high-end audio-visual equipment for live/virtual/hybrid client meetings hosted at various properties in Denver which may include the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows and the Le Meridien Denver hotel properties. Also responsible for trouble-shooting any issues, and tearing down (striking) equipment post-event. The shift and hours will vary depending upon business need, with some evening and weekend work required.
Currently hiring for PRN's (part-time as needed). Positions are hourly (non-exempt) and eligible for overtime!
- Work closely with clients, Project Managers and other Event Technicians to ensure the successful completion of events.
- Set-up, tear-down, loading and unloading of all equipment.
- Operate all types of audio, visual, lighting and rigging equipment, for both live and virtual events.
- Provide excellent customer service and promptly handle any equipment changes/requests.
- Ensure equipment is functional, safely and professionally presented, and that client is familiar or comfortable with the operation of any equipment they are utilizing.
- Trouble-shoot any equipment issues with satisfactory resolution.
- Assist in all areas of operation as needed, such as warehouse operations, deliveries, preventative maintenance, etc.
• Must have a good working knowledge of all types of audio visual equipment including operation, set-up, troubleshooting, and explanation of equipment.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently, and follow directions from the supervisor or on-site leader.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Must maintain a good driving record that meets driver insurability requirements, be able to pass a DOT medical certification and obtain any special licensing needed to be able to drive a box truck, van or other company vehicle.
• Must have excellent customer service skills, politely and promptly responding to client needs.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional and positive manner.
• Must possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
• Ability to embrace Markey's culture and demonstrate company values, respect diversity, and follow all company policies and procedures.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
At Markey's we are a 100% Employee Owned Company and we participate in an ESOP, or the Employee Stock Ownership Plan! The ESOP gives our Full-Time employees a beneficial ownership stake in the company at no cost to them. Ask us about our ESOP and its many benefits!
- Competitive salary and per diem for overnight travel
- Career development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
Check us out at www.markeys.com!