Audio Visual Project Manager for Live Events
- - Indianapolis-Headquarters
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audiovisual services, is seeking a full-time Project Manager responsible for managing all production aspects and logistics of medium to large-scale events. The Project Manager will be assigned projects from Account Managers or the General Manager and is expected to fulfill all of the necessary responsibilities required to produce and manage a successful event.
This is a Full-Time, salaried (exempt) position with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Manage technical requirements for select events.
- Manage technical crew on show site for events in which the Project Manager travels with the team.
- Prepare and consult with technical crew for shows in which the Project Manager will not be onsite.
- Manage logistics (equipment, transportation, cross rentals) for select events.
- Work with Account Managers and Consultants to establish and maintain production budgets for managed events.
- Collaborate with Markey's staff on event production to continually enhance overall quality of services offered.
- Travel, as needed and requested, to support select off site events.
- Actively participate in planning meetings for select events.
- Perform comprehensive site inspections when necessary.
- May be required to perform technician responsibilities during peak busy times.
- Provide effective and prompt responses to all technical and equipment issues/inquiries.
- Prepare post show report detailing: what went well, what didn't go well, and what would we do differently the next time. Reports will be provided to the Consultant/Account Manager and GM.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the success of Markey's events.
- Applicant must have minimum of 3-5 years' experience in live event project management.
- Detailed knowledge of a variety of AV systems including video cameras and switching, projection, LED Wall, lighting, audio boards, teleconferencing, and videotaping.
- Detailed and functional understanding of the R2 system.
- Solid customer service skills; strong customer service background.
- Ability to manage an AV crew on site to maintain efficiency and maximize resources.
- Ability to understand the client's perspective, and communicate and interact positively and in a professional manner with clients, co-vendors and the Markey's staff.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment, and to delegate work as needed.
- Must have high attention to detail, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently, and follow directions from management.
- Proficiency with Vectorworks or other CAD program.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs.
- Must be able to lift/transfer equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to embrace Markey's culture and demonstrate company values, respect diversity, and follow all company policies and procedures.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary
- Training and career development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts