- - Austin Marriott Downtown
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking a full-time Sales Coordinator to add to our expanding sales team at the Austin Marriott Downtown. The Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Sales team to ensure excellent customer service and successful events. Training will be provided for this position to eventually transition into an Account Management role.
This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt) position with typical daytime hours, although occasional early mornings, late nights and weekend work may be required.
- Provide support to the Director and Sales Manager with administrative sales department tasks.
- Assist with daily and weekly customer billing.
- Process exhibit orders and provide consultation as needed.
- Foster positive working relationships with hotel management and support staff, clients, and event planners.
- Attend client and interdepartmental meetings, taking action on assigned items.
- Assist the Operations Manager as requested.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, politely and promptly responding to staff/client needs.
- Computer proficiency and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently, and follow directions from the supervisor.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times, including the willingness to adhere to the hotel's appearance and grooming standards.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs.
Candidates with account management and/or sales experience will be given greater consideration.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary
- Training and career development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts