Event Technology Director of Operations - Markey's at the JW Marriott Austin
- - JW Marriott Austin, TX
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking a full-time Event Technology Director of Operations for our team at JW Marriott in downtown Austin, working directly with clients contracting with the hotel for live events. The Director oversees all day-to-day activities regarding event technology services and is responsible for managing and leading the operations team to ensure successful events.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position with typical daytime hours, although occasional evening and weekend work will be required based on business needs.
- Supervise all elements of the day-to-day event technology operations at the hotel.
- Assist with coordinating equipment, technician orders, scheduling, and inventory control.
- Coordinate labor needs to ensure all events are serviced efficiently and effectively.
- Give work direction to employees and follow-up with them to ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Meet daily with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Help identify, evaluate, and implement necessary work processes and services.
- Foster positive working relationships with Marriott hotel staff, clients, and event planners, as well as the Markey's sales team.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring and training of new operations employees.
- Supervise operations team, providing technical and customer service training, and effectively handle all personnel issues, supporting and implementing company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with A/V systems and other event technology services as needed.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events.
- Strong A/V skills involving operation, set-up, troubleshooting, problem-solving and explanation of equipment.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing staff and work processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment, and to delegate work as needed.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and lead by example.
- Computer proficiency and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and One Drive. Ability to learn R2 program.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times, including the willingness to adhere to Marriott's appearance and grooming standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team, understand the client's perspective, and have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Always display cooperative demeanor with hotel staff and clients.
- Experience with rigging, lighting, sound, video, power and labor coordination.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary
- Training and career development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, uniforms, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!