Live Event Audio Visual Technician - Markey's at Eli Lilly & Co.
- - Eli Lilly Corporate Campus
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking an Event Technician to add to our team at the Lilly campus in downtown Indianapolis. The Event Technician is a client-facing position responsible for setting up and operating a variety of high-end audio-visual equipment for live/virtual/hybrid events at various venues on the Lilly campus. Also responsible for trouble-shooting any issues, and tearing down (striking) equipment post-event as needed
This is a Full-Time, hourly, non-exempt position with daytime hours Monday - Friday, with occasional evening/weekends based on business need.
- Work closely with clients, Project Managers and other Event Technicians to ensure the successful completion of events.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all services Markey's provides to Lilly as an audiovisual technician, customer service representative, and technical advisor.
- Operate equipment in auditoriums and meeting spaces, setting up and striking equipment as necessary for events.
- Assist with video tapings and provide support for broadcasts in auditoriums and other venues.
- Assume responsibility and oversight of the technical elements of the event when assigned. Provide feedback to Project Managers and the Management team to resolve any customer concerns.
- Effective and prompt response to all technical, equipment, and last minute requests.
- Assist in all areas of operation as necessary (deliveries, sets, live event technician duties, strikes, etc.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events.
- A Positive Attitude is a MUST!
- Must have a good working knowledge of all types of audio visual equipment including operation, set-up, troubleshooting, and explanation of equipment.
- Computer proficiency and an understanding of a variety of systems including computer platforms such as Teams, Zoom, GoToWebinar as well as video cameras and switching, projection, audio boards, teleconferencing, and videotaping.
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently, and follow directions from the supervisor or on-site leader.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, politely and promptly responding to client needs.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional and positive manner.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, and be fully COVID-vaccinated in order to be on the premises after November 15, 2021.
- Ability to embrace Markey's culture and demonstrate company values, respect diversity, and follow all company policies and procedures.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary and per diem for overnight travel
- Career development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, uniforms, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!