Sales Manager - Markey's at the Austin Marriott Downtown
- - Austin Marriott Downtown
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking a full-time Sales Manager to add to our expanding sales team at the Austin Marriott Downtown, responsible for providing creative as well as technical audio-visual solutions for client events at this premier hotel in downtown Austin. The Sales Manager consults with customers and the hotel event management team to create defining experiences for all customer live and virtual events.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position with typical daytime hours, although occasional early mornings, late nights and weekend work may be required.
- Work directly with clients contracting with the Austin Marriott Downtown and requiring various services, including: audiovisual rental, electrical services, Internet services, rigging services and technical labor.
- Provide creative as well as technical audiovisual solutions for events through consulting/selling techniques.
- Evaluate client needs and prepare quotes, labor estimates and diagrams.
- Work closely and positively with hotel event management and hotel employees and departments.
- Solicit new business and ensure that customers receive the proper service and equipment needed to accomplish their objectives.
- Foster positive working relationships with Marriott management and support staff, hotel guests, clients, and event planners.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events.
- At least one year of experience in event technology sales is required; experience making verbal presentations to customers a plus.
- Must possess a high level of detail in all work including account management, organizing event information, arranging and managing pre and post-production services.
- Must have detailed knowledge of A/V equipment ranging from Line Array PA to large-venue projection to stage lighting and design.
- Must be able to estimate labor requirements for events ranging in attendance of 100 to 1200 attendees.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills, politely and promptly responding to all internal and external requests.
- Computer proficiency and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to learn R2 program.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times and be willing to adhere to Marriott's appearance and grooming guidelines.
- Must possess excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between quoting projects, attending meetings and conference calls, face-to-face customer interactions, on-site event support, billing and overall account management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary
- Training and career development
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, clothing allowance, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts