Director of Event Technology - Austin Marriott Downtown
- - Austin Marriott Downtown
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Offered
Markey's, a multi-state leading provider of creative audio-visual services, is seeking a full-time Director of Event Technology for our team at the new Austin Marriott Downtown, responsible for consulting with customers and hotel event management teams to create defining experiences for all customer live and virtual events.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position with typical daytime hours, although occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Lead the Markey's event technology team with a positive and compassionate attitude, managing all day-to-day activities regarding event technology services.
- Foster a positive working relationship between Markey's and the Austin Marriott, working effectively and professionally with hotel event management, hotel employees and departments.
- Manage the Markey's sales and operations teams to ensure our customers receive excellent service.
- Follow and maintain existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event management and operational functions.
- Effectively manage service recovery situations while being mindful of the facility and the client.
- Work with hotel sales team to secure future business and ensure that customers receive the proper service and equipment needed to accomplish their objectives.
- Evaluate client needs and prepare quotes, labor estimates and room diagrams.
- Coordinate equipment and labor needs with other Markey's locations.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned to ensure success of Markey's events.
- Minimum two years of experience directing event technology, operations and sales.
- Ability to document sales goals, event surveys, and revenue forecasts.
- Must have knowledge of flown audio systems for performance.
- Must have functional knowledge of HD video switching, cameras and video playback & recording.
- Must have functional knowledge of stage lighting techniques using static and moving lights.
- Must have functional knowledge of internet bandwidth and IT configurations.
- Must have functional knowledge of rigging equipment and techniques.
- Must have excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills, politely and promptly responding to all internal and external requests.
- Computer proficiency and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams and One Drive. Ability to learn R2 program.
- Previous history of interacting positively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times and be willing to adhere to Marriott and White Lodging's appearance and grooming standards.
- Must possess excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between reviewing projects, attending meetings and conference calls, face-to-face customer interactions, on-site event support, billing and overall account management.
- Must possess a high level of detail in all work including account management, organizing event information, arranging and managing pre and post-production services.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs.
Become a part of our team!
Established in 1959 and with more than 60 years of experience in the rental & staging industry, Markey's prides ourself in providing the BEST SERVICE and MOST DIVERSE & RELIABLE EQUIPMENT the industry has to offer. We are committed to providing a good working environment where all employees treat each other with respect and dignity, where employees are encouraged to grow personally and professionally, and we help employees produce quality results of which they can be proud.
- Competitive salary
- Training and career development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunities to problem solve with creative thinking
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology in a high profile, fast paced atmosphere
- A wide range of experienced staff to work with and learn from on a daily basis
- Excellent, comprehensive benefit program including group health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and paid holidays, cell phone stipend, uniforms, and the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Check us out at www.markeys.com!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts