Director of Event Technology - The Westin - Austin
- - Westin Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is looking for a Director of Event Technology at The Westin Austin in Austin, TX. Be a part of the new team we are building.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Director of Event Technology works directly with clients and hotel staff, providing creative and technical audiovisual solutions for events through consulting/selling techniques, as well as manages all day-to-day activities regarding event technology services.
The hours for this position are typically, Monday – Friday; 7:00am – 4:00pm. Some early mornings & late nights will be required, as well as some weekend work. This is an Exempt (Salaried) position.
• Lead the Markey's event technology team with a positive and compassionate attitude
• Work effectively and positively with hotel management and hotel employees
• Manage the Markey's sales and operations teams to ensure our customers receive excellent service
• Follow and maintain existing SOPs for event management and operational functions
• Effectively manage service recovery situations while being mindful of the facility and the client
• Work with the hotel sales team to secure future business
• Minimum one year of experience as Director of Event Technology
• Ability to document sales goals, event surveys, and revenue forecasts
• Must have knowledge of flown audio systems for performance
• Must have functional knowledge of the following: HD video switching, cameras and video playback & recording, stage lighting techniques using static and moving lights, Internet bandwidth and IT configurations and rigging equipment and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, One Drive, as well as R2 software for quoting and reserving labor
• Previous history of interacting positively with internal and external customers possessing proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to evaluate client needs to prepare quotes, labor estimates and room diagrams
• Ability to coordinate equipment and labor needs with other Markey's locations
• Required to wear professional work attire and be willing to adhere to Marriott and White Lodging's appearance and grooming standards
• Must possess excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between reviewing projects, attending meetings and conference calls, face-to-face customer interactions, on-site event support, billing and overall account management
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts