Operations Manager - Austin Marriott Downtown
- - Austin Marriott Downtown
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is growing and excited to continue expanding in the Austin, TX market. Markey's will serve as the in-house Event Technology Provider at the new Austin Marriott Downtown opening Summer 2020. Be a part of the new team we are building.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Operations Manager works directly with clients contracting with the Marriott and manages all day-to-day activities regarding all event technology services. This person will also manage and lead the operations team using effective and efficient communication. This is a salaried(exempt) role, Sunday – Saturday scheduled as business demands. Position is tentatively scheduled to start late May/early June 2020.
• Communicate with Markey's sales team to ensure successful events
• Adhere to existing system SOPs and operational procedures
• Prepare weekly technician schedule based on event needs
• Review upcoming event equipment needs and labor orders
• Actively participate in planning meetings for upcoming events
• Assist in interviewing, hiring and training of new operations employees
• Assist employees with growing their skillset for future job promotions
• Detailed knowledge of a variety of AV systems including video cameras, video switching, video projection, video recording, static and moving lights, digital and analog audio boards
• Experience with rigging for lights and sound as well as with power distribution for audio visual applications
• Functional understanding of Internet bandwidth and IT applications
• Maintain and monitor safety
• Ability to interact positively and in a professional manner with internal and external clients, co-vendors and the Markey's staff utilizing excellent customer service skills and a strong customer service background
• Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with a high attention to detail
• General understanding of computers, printers, MS Office applications and functional understanding of the R2 system
• Must be able to lift 70 pounds without assistance