Sales Manager - Austin Marriott Downtown
- - Austin Marriott Downtown
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is growing and excited to continue expanding in the Austin, TX market. Markey's will serve as the in-house Event Technology Provider at the new Austin Marriott Downtown opening Summer 2020. Be a part of the new team we are building.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Sales Manager is responsible for providing creative as well as technical audiovisual solutions for events through consulting/selling techniques. This is a salaried(exempt) role working 8-5PM, Monday – Friday typically. Some early mornings and late nights will be required as dictated by business needs, as will some weekend work. Position is tentatively scheduled to start late May/early June 2020.
• Work directly with clients contracting with the Marriott and requiring various services including: audiovisual rental, electrical services, Internet services, rigging services and technical labor
• Evaluate client needs and prepare quotes, labor estimates and diagrams
• Work closely and positively with hotel Event Management and hotel employees and departments
• Solicit new business and ensure that our customers receive the proper service and equipment needed to accomplish their objectives
• Foster positive working relationships with Marriott management and support staff, hotel guests, clients, and event planners
• At least one year of experience in event technology sales is required
• Candidates with experience making verbal presentations to customers will be given greater consideration
• Must possess a high level of detail in all work including account management, organizing event information, arranging and managing pre and post production services
• Must have detailed knowledge of A/V equipment ranging from Line Array PA to large-venue projection to stage lighting and design
• Must be able to estimate manpower and labor requirements for events ranging in attendance of 100 to 1200 attendees
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and R2 software
• Previous history of interacting positively with internal and external customers
• Required to wear professional work attire and be willing to adhere to Marriott's appearance and grooming standards.
• Must possess excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between quoting projects, attending meetings and conference calls, face-to-face customer interactions, on-site event support, billing and overall account management.