Supervisor - Austin Marriott Downtown
- - Austin Marriott Downtown
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is growing and excited to continue expanding in the Austin, TX market. Markey's will serve as the in-house Event Technology Provider at the new Austin Marriott Downtown opening Summer 2020. Be a part of the new team we are building.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of Hotel Technicians. This person will review daily information and ensure all events are set correctly and run smoothly. There will be two (2) Supervisors hired. One that works Sunday – Saturday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM and one that works Sunday – Saturday, 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM (earlier or later as business demands and will work approximately (2) weekends per month).
This is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly) position and is tentatively scheduled to start late May/early June 2020.
• Work with Operations Manager on team goals
• Setup and operate gear as needed
• Manage setup and/or strike crews
• Review upcoming event's equipment and labor orders
• Prioritize and handle multiple tasks thoroughly and in a timely fashion with the ability to follow directions and implement tasks
• Handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• Minimum two years of experience in event technology is required
• Must have a strong working and operational knowledge of A/V equipment including:
PA/Audio, Lighting, Video, Rigging and Electrical Distribution
• Must have excellent customer service skills and communicate effectively with internal as well as external clients
• Maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times and be willing to adhere to Marriott's appearance and grooming guidelines
• Must be able to lift 70 lbs. without assistance
• Must possess a high level of detail in all work including organizing event information
• Thorough knowledge of MS suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, One Drive and knowledge of R2
• Able to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs
• Must possess excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between events, attending meetings, and customer interactions