Director of Event Technology - The Otis Hotel - Austin, TX
- - The Otis Hotel - Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is growing and excited to be expanding into The Otis Hotel, a boutique hotel in the Austin, TX market. Be a part of the new team we are building.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Director of Event Technology works directly with clients and hotel staff, providing creative and technical audiovisual solutions for events through consulting/selling techniques, as well as manages all day-to-day activities regarding event technology services. The hours for this position are typically, Monday – Friday; 7:00am – 4:00pm. Some early mornings & late nights will be required, as well as some weekend work. This is an Exempt (Salaried) position.
• Work directly with clients contracting with the hotel and requiring various services including: audiovisual rental, electrical services, internet services, rigging services and technical labor
• Lead the Markey's Event Technology team with a positive and compassionate attitude, giving work direction to employees and help develop them professionally
• Provide creative as well as technical audiovisual solutions for events through consulting/selling techniques
• Evaluate client needs and prepare quotes, labor estimates and diagrams
• Ensure that our customers receive the proper service and equipment needed to accomplish their objectives
• Meet on-site clients to ensure order accuracy & functionality, assist in set-up and tear-down of A/V equipment, coordinate and act as on-site liaison for events
• Foster positive working relationships with hotel management, event and support staff, clients, and event planners
• Minimum of one year of experience in event technology sales is required
• Must possess a high level of detail in all work including account management, order writing and execution
• Must have knowledge of basic audio systems, basic video switching, computers/PPT, basic stage lighting, and basic IT knowledge
• Must be able to estimate and schedule labor requirements
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of R2 software
• Previous history of interacting positively with internal and external customers
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to coordinate equipment and labor needs with other Markey's offices
• Able to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs
• Required to wear professional work attire and be willing to adhere to hotel's appearance standards.
• Must possess excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between quoting projects, attending meetings and conference calls, face-to-face customer interactions, on-site event support, billing and overall account management
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts