Business Development Coordinator - Des Moines, IA
- - Des Moines, IA
- Commensurate with experience
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is growing and excited to be expanding the Des Moines, IA market. Be a part of the team in our Iowa Branch Office.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Coordinator for the Iowa Branch Office. Primary target area will be the Greater Des Moines market and additional emphasis on the entire state of Iowa and the Omaha, NE area as well. The goal will be to drive additional business and exposure while targeting existing customers and new business opportunities. Additional duties may include, but not be limited to, general support and assistance of all rental operations processes at the Iowa Branch Office.
This is a full-time, Entry-Level, Exempt (salaried) position that reports directly to the Iowa Office Manager working 8:30-5PM, Monday – Friday (Or as meetings and social events dictate, likely including some evenings and weekend work).
• Must be comfortable prospecting through daily phone calls, email solicitation, in-person meetings and social selling techniques
• Solicit and retain repeat business
• Solicit leads from internet and print publications
• Solicit leads from other sources as they are presented and/or assigned
• Stay up-to-date with local economic development news through memberships and networking
• Ability to write and design written proposals and to have a part in the presentation of the proposal
• Maintain prospect files and track prospect activity
• Track submitted proposals and present feedback to Iowa Office Manager and Business Development Team
• Attend and participate in internal business pipeline meetings
• Attend Convention & Visitor Bureau meetings and events
• Become an active member of industry associations such as PCMA, MPI, ASAE, etc. and seek out committee member opportunities
• Attend industry trade shows when necessary
• Seek opportunities to be an exhibitor at industry trade shows while taking lead on the design and concept of the Markey's trade show booth
• Seek opportunities to partner with Convention & Visitor Bureaus at area trades shows
• Attend Markey's sponsored events (lunches, dinners, special events) hosting customers and prospects
• Provide social media input and content
• Support and provide input in Iowa Office Markey's special event planning
• Seek and fulfill sponsorship opportunities for targeted customers, associations, CVB and other local organizing groups
• 2 years' experience in client sales, Business Development, or Hospitality Industry is preferred
• Must be a positive influence on co-workers, and maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers, at all levels
• Must have excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and contacts
• Exhibit excellent work habits and organization
• Be capable of facilitating meetings
• Must possess a clean driving record and be insurable on the Markey's company vehicle insurance policy. Must be able to drive a company vehicle or a rental car under the Markey's name.
• General knowledge of Event Technology equipment is a plus