Sales Manager - JW Marriott
- - JW Marriott Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Competitive Pay and Comprehensive Benefits Package offered to Full-Time Employees
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is seeking a Sales Manager for the JW Austin.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Sales Manager is responsible for providing creative as well as technical audiovisual solutions for events through consulting/selling techniques. This is a salaried(exempt) role working 8-5PM, Monday – Friday typically. Some early mornings and late nights will be required as dictated by business needs, as will some weekend work.
• Work directly with clients contracting with the JW Marriott and requiring various services including: audiovisual rental, electrical services, internet services, rigging services and technical labor
• Evaluate client needs and prepare quotes, labor estimates and diagrams
• Work closely and positively with hotel Event Management and hotel employees and departments
• Solicitation of new business and ensuring that our customers receive the proper service and equipment needed to accomplish their objectives
• Foster positive working relationships with JW Marriott management and support staff, hotel guests, clients, and event planners
• At least two years' experience in event technology required
• Excellent customer service
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills by balancing workload between quoting projects, attending meetings and conference calls, face-to-face customer interactions, on-site event support, billing and overall account management
• Ability to estimate manpower and labor requirements for events ranging in attendance of 100 to 1000 attendees
• Must possess a high level of detail in all work including account management, organizing event information, arranging and managing pre and post production services
• Must have detailed knowledge of A/V equipment ranging from large-venue projection and audio to stage lighting and design
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as dictated by business needs
• Required to wear professional work attire and adhere to appearance guidelines
• Candidates with account management and/or sales experience will be given greater consideration
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts