Live Event Audiovisual Technician - Indianapolis, IN
- - Indianapolis-Headquarters
- Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits package, including full medical options, 401K, and ESOP.
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career?
Markey's Rental & Staging, a multi-state company and a leading provider in creative audio-visual services, is growing and excited to be expanding its team. Be a part of the team we are building based out of our Indianapolis, IN HQ.
We are committed to delivering outstanding results through our collaboration, continual improvement, ownership culture and commitment to our Ideals. Markey's Rental & Staging is 100% employee-owned and full time employee-owners reap the rewards for their hard-work and dedication to the job, and loyalty to the company. As the company continues to grow and prosper, your retirement account continues to do so as well.
The Event Technician is a client facing position responsible for setting up a variety of audio visual equipment for client meetings taking place at various venues. This person will also tear down equipment, trouble shoot and tech as needed. Shift and hours vary and will be scheduled according to event needs; Weekends and overnights required; May be out-of-town for a week or more at a time. Hours subject to change upon scheduling/rescheduling of events. This is a Full-time, hourly, non-exempt role.
• Set-Up and Tear-Down of all types of audio and video equipment, rigging, and lighting
• Operation of all types of audio and video equipment and lighting
• Delivery of audio and video equipment anywhere in the United States
• Customer service to the client
• Ensuring all equipment and gear needed for a show is brought to event site
• Assisting other departments when requested by management (Inspection, Order Pulling, City Delivery, etc)
• Have a good working knowledge of all types of A/V equipment including operation, set-up, troubleshooting, and explanation of equipment
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external clients
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills and maintain a positive attitude; must maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Ability to drive (and ride in) a box truck long distances (anywhere in the United States)
• Must be able to pass MVR background check, DOT medical certification, and obtain an Indiana For Hire driver's license
• Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with accurate attention to detail
• Must be able to lift 50lbs without assistance